Melitopol - a city of regional significance in the Ukraine, the administrative center of Melitopol district of Zaporozhye region. Former names: Kyzyl-Yar until 1816, Novoaleksandrovka until 1842. Situated on the River Dairy, near the Dairy estuary adjacent to the Sea of Azov. In the city the railway station - a transit point en route to the Crimea.Istoricheskie Monuments
Zaporozhye region, Melitopol district, village Peace
State Historical and Archaeological Museum-Reserve "Stone Tomb".
The total reserve area - 15 ha;
Located 12 km north-east of the city of Melitopol
The area occupied by the very Stone Grave - 3 hectares.
Nowadays, the height of Stone Grave reaches 12 m.
Within the reserve in the valley can be seen from afar Dairy yellow island, built of piled mysteriously huge boulders. In people it has long been called Stone Tomb. Already in the XVIII century on the map of Melitopol district Tauride (1778 - 1793 years) nature reserve was designated as the "Stone Yuyun-Tash" in Turkic means - "a mountain, made up a stone. The museum "Stone Tomb" - the underground "Hermitage" Priazovya - you can learn about the life of ancient hunters, ranchers, farmers and nomads, their trade and cultural ties with the East and the Mediterranean. Weather-beaten over millions of years old, overgrown with greenish-gray lichen, stones bought variety, amazing and fantastic shapes.
However, this is not a disorderly pile of plates, and correct the collapsed stone shield, which formed caves, grottos, passages.
At the reserve, scientists have found more than sixty grottoes and caves, the ceilings are found thousands of rare petroglyphs.
Drawings illustrate the life of ancient people of Azov region, their spiritual culture. It is here, in these caves and grottoes came early humans to carry out their rituals of worship to the gods.
Rock paintings in the caves, the caves belong to the late Paleolithic era to the Bronze Age and later. Thus, the chronology of rock art stone grave covers the period from the XVI-XIII centuries BC. e to the X - XII centuries.
In the reserve you can see the cave Chakluna which survived the late paleolithic drawings, images of people and mammoths. With Goat cave where the ceiling fixed figure moose, ducks, and most importantly - plate-block with the image of the hunter and goats.
Here particularly keenly felt the connection to time.
Sandstone Stone Grave served not only an excellent basis for writing the petroglyphs, but also material for sculptures.
Stone Grave - is truly an ancient archive, reflected on the rocks.
The world of the distant and mysterious has always attracted many fans of "antiquity". They go to the "Stone Tomb" from different parts of our country and from abroad.
Some bioenergy healers come here for a meditation on Energy and channels on certain days and time, given the phase of the moon and sun.
In the Stone Grave no graves. She is like a temple was the center of spiritual culture and the Black Sea of Azov region, here the ancient pilgrimage trail ran. In the center of the monument to be the sacrificial stone, which has been preserved to this day. Anyone interested in ancient art and spiritual culture of ancient Northern Azov can visit the wonderful historic cabin Melitopol region.
In the village of Patience (Melitopol district - 8 km from the route Moscow-Simferopol) in the kindergarten is a monument to nature "Oak-patriarch. Approximate age of the oak over 600 years. Height - 40 meters, diameter of the barrel - 6 meters, the roots grown in different directions at 100 meters.
Previously, there was duhoborcky orphanage garden. This garden was a place of rest Chumakov. We stopped here to rest and representatives of the kings house: Catherine II, Alexander II, Nicholas II. Under the canopy of oak stopped and Nestor Makhno. His subordinates had destroyed the remnants of an old garden. Before the revolution, the oak was a small church.
Oak, which has been preserved, perhaps, and is the legendary tree, which old-timers have long been called "Mavriysky oak.
Now this tree is a natural monument of local importance and should be protected. After the death of the famous oak tree on the island Khortitsa Terpenivsky oak, apparently, was the oldest in the Zaporozhye region tree of this species.
Medical sources. Patience
Village Patience is also known for its unique healing springs.
It is in that part of the village, which is closer to the river Dairy, at a height of 45 meters above sea level, there is a small lake, which drains the water that hits right out of the ground. The guidebook "Melitopolschina in tours" (1932) reported by both "... from the upper part of Patience from a cemetery runs great source that supplies water to the village. Here, these sources 13. Previously, the water flowed into the lake through a long natural tunnel, it was very long and wide (during WWII it hiding guerrillas. But 30 years ago, the tunnel collapsed and power to make its way out onto the surface of the mountain. Water from the mountain drains into the lake. It healing, because it contains elements of silver. purely because that goes through several layers of lime. Of the many sources say the main three. The largest is named after the Mother of God. It is believed that it has positive energy. The water is soft, has an alkaline taste. Right from the source of the Mother of God - the source of St. Panteleimon, on the left - the source of Saint Nicholas. They attributed healing power. Water is drawn from such a source does not deteriorate for several years and is considered one of the reasons that makes it in the eyes of people healing. Local residents for medicinal purposes on - use different properties of water of these sources. At the present time are in order and relished baths, which conducts therapeutic procedures.
On the territory of baths straight out of the ground beaten healing power (in the picture shown by arrows).
April 4, 1846 at 18 km north-east of Melitopol, on the left bank of Dairy was created Staroberdyanskoe forest - an oasis of a second throughout the south, one of the countrys first forest belts in the steppe zone. Forestry was created with the aim - to prove the possibility of breeding forest steppe conditions with high summer temperatures and periodic droughts. The first known landing carried forester Cornice II. First, the area of annual lesonasozhdeny is 3-6 acres. Planting of seedlings was carried out. During the Crimean War (1853-1856) stopped at all and after that have not been systematic.
In 1859, on the basis of this plantation was organized Berdianske educational steppe forest. About how important admitted the fact of its existence, shows a bronze medal, which the forest was awarded for participation in the World Exhibition 1867 in Paris.
In 1879, the head of an exemplary state forest steppe (as it then was) was an outstanding forester P. Siwicki. Over forty years of his term in office space plantations doubled.
And already in 1919 began a new story. Today you can see more than 165 trees and shrubs. Mostly it is oak, elm, ash, acacia, Crimean pine. There are quite exotic, such as Sophora Japanese, lignum vitae - frame, Maclura pomifera, the birthplace of which - the American continent.
Oak Alley village Sosnovka
Located near the village of Melitopol district Sosnovka surprised by its beauty alley of the 22 oak trees, which are more than 110-150 years, they were planted Mennonites. It also kept the house first Mennonites. Almost a hundred years ago, an alley was a place of recreation for the wealthy. Conclude this avenue rates, which could take a walk on the boat. Every week here brass band. Now this valley is protected by the state as a nature sanctuary.
More than 110 years ago in the area with. Zarechnoye (now - Melitopol district), in the valley Yushanly Baron Von Klassen was laid park "Elite" area of 10 hectares. It collected more than 70 varieties of trees and shrubs. In the past, the center of the park was adorned with a lake with a boat station. To date, this park is protected by the state as a monument of landscape architecture. Near the park remains of the estate of Baron Klassen.